Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center - October 18, 2016
How Do I Prepare For A Mammogram?
- Schedule the test for one week after your period, when your breasts are less tender.
- Let the appointment scheduler know where and when you had your last mammogram. We can contact the clinic or hospital to obtain your last mammogram images, which allows the radiologist to compare the two.
- On the morning of your test, don't use deodorant, powder, lotions or perfume under your arms or on your breasts. You can wash normally with soap.
- Wear a two-piece outfit with a blouse that you can remove easily.
- Consider taking an over-the-counter pain medication (Tylenol, for example) about an hour before the exam. It might ease some discomfort.