Sponsored by EIRMC and Air Idaho Rescue
Saturday, February 26, 2022
Taylorview Middle School, 350 Castlerock Lane, Idaho Falls
Confirmed keynote addresses:
This year, we will have 7 keynote addresses for all attendees. There are no break–out sessions.
- De–Escalation of an Aggressive Patient: Verbal and Hands- On Techniques (Brett Nelson, Aaron Nelson, Eric Judd)
- Stroke Assessment (Andy Garrity, MD; Emergency Medicine Physician, EIRMC)
- Trauma (Michael Lemon, MD; Burn & Trauma Surgeon, EIRMC)
- Orthopedic Trauma (Lance Jacobson, MD; Trauma Orthopedic Surgeon, EIRMC)
- Frostbite (Tait Olaveson, MD; Burn & General Surgeon, EIRMC)
Pediatric Care Prehospital care of Pediatric Emergencies (Dr. Marc Berg; National Pediatric Medical Director, Air Methods):
Pediatric emergencies occur less frequently than in adults but present many challenges to the pre-hospital provider. Kids have different diseases, different physiology (and sizes) and usually come with an increased stress level for the EMS system. We will review the diagnosis of and latest treatments for in some common pediatric emergencies.
Cardiac Interpretation Let’s have a Heart to Heart about Chest Pain (Tami Lords, BSN, RN, CFRN, HCA Healthcare):
Review presentation, assessment and monitoring of patients experiencing chest pain. Content will review cardiac anatomy and physiology and we will apply our knowledge in a case study format.
Hand–On stations (available during breaks and at lunchtime)
There is no registration for the hands-on stations. These are informal educational opportunities, and available to you during mid–morning and mid–afternoon break, and at lunchtime.
- De–Escalation of an Aggressive Patient: Hands – On Techniques (Aaron Nelson, Eric Judd)
- EKG strip reading– Tami Lords
- Infant Resuscitation– Lisal Drollinger, RN, and Daidrie Pincock, RN
- Advanced Airway Management– EIRMC Respiratory Therapy
- Basic Airway– Tyler Weddle
- Stop the Bleed “Train the Trainer” program– Kasia Kohler, RN, and Tonya Rupe, RN
|7:00 – 8:00 am:||Registration and Vendor fair|
|8:00 am:||Keynote addresses begin|
|10:00 am:||Mid–morning break|
|10:30 am:||Keynote addresses resume|
|12:00 pm:||Free lunch served|
|1:00 pm:||Keynote addresses resume|
|2:30 pm:||Mid–afternoon break|
|3:00 pm:||Keynote addresses resume|