It can be an exciting time in anyone's life.
As you and your partner begin the planning process for having a baby, it is important to know that EIRMC has the services to ensure safety and success for you during all stages of your pregnancy.
However, complications can arise. For some women, pre-existing health problems such as diabetes, heart disease or asthma make their pregnancies risky from the start. Normal pregnancies can become complicated when unpredicted conditions arise, like pre-term birth, gestational diabetes or hypertension.
Complications like these can happen. For these reasons, we still have you and your baby covered. EIRMC is proud to have Obstetrix of the Mountain States, the region's only provider of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, right here, in Idaho Falls.
Perinatalogists, often called Maternal Fetal Medicine physicians, specialize in caring for moms and babies during a high-risk pregnancy. Prior to having a local perinatalogist here in southeast Idaho, high risk moms would travel long distances to Boise or Salt Lake City to receive specialized healthcare putting a strain on their family and financial situation. Now, moms needing this type of specialty can remain close to their home, families and support systems during what can be a stressful time. Having this service localized, EIRMC hopes to bring peace of mind to families, and allow them the time and support needed to appreciate all the joys of being pregnant.
Working collaboratively with your OB/GYN, and evaluating the unique qualities of your pregnancy, perinatalogists at Obstetrix of the Mountain States offer the following comprehensive services:
- Obstetric ultrasound for fetal screening, growth and health monitoring of both mom, and the baby.
- Specialized ultrasounds that evaluate the fetus for birth defects and chromosomal and genetic syndromes.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling and genetic screening for those who believe they, or their baby, might be at-risk due to a genetic disposition.
- 1st trimester nuchal translucency screening to help identify chromosomal conditions including Down syndrome.
- Testing for cystic fibrosis (CF), rhesus (Rh)D genotyping, as well as non-invasive prenatal testing (NIPT).
- Co-management of maternal-fetal medicine conditions, such as preterm labor and PROM.
If you are concerned about a high-risk pregnancy, talk with your OB/GYN about a referral to Obstetrix of the Mountain States. They can provide the high-quality expertise and access to state-of-the-art procedures you and your baby might need.
To schedule a consultation with a perinatalogist, call (208) 528-2925.