Pediatric ICU in Idaho Falls, Idaho
We know your child's health is your priority. So when a seemingly minor illness turns severe, it can be overwhelming. You want a hospital with a good children's intensive care unit that helps your child return home as soon as possible.
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center's (EIRMC's) pediatric intensive care unit (PICU) provides critical care for children up to age 18 and treats a wide spectrum of serious illness and injury, including burns, trauma, respiratory failure, neurological conditions and bleeding disorders.
Care is provided by board-certified pediatric intensivists, with a multi-disciplinary team of specialized pediatric nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, dieticians, occupational therapists, pharmacists, social workers and speech therapists.
For more information about our PICU services or our specialty ICUs, call us at (208) 227-2777.
Intensive care for your young one's needs
We serve children across southeastern Idaho, western Wyoming and southern Montana. As the region's only ICU for children, we treat critical injuries and illnesses for patients up to 18 years old. For very ill children, we offer access to pediatric specialists and highly trained registered nurses who are committed to a speedy recovery for your child.
Our PICU features:
- Pediatric intensivists specially trained in pediatric critical care medicine, for the sickest youngsters
- Specialized registered nurses (RNs) trained in critical care pediatric nursing care
- A critical care team comprised of specialists in critical care, respiratory therapy and physical rehabilitation as well as pharmacists, registered dieticians, social workers and case managers
- Pediatric critical care doctors (intensivists)
- Complex pediatric surgical capabilities supported by a fellowship-trained and board-certified pediatric surgeon and pediatric anesthesiologist (the first and only program in the region)
- Specialized air transport team to quickly and safely bring patients to our facility via airplane, helicopter and ambulance
- Child life specialists who help families and children cope with their diagnosis, treatment and hospitalization
- Ronald McDonald Room™ offering a comfortable place for parents of hospitalized children to eat, nap, relax and sleep overnight
- Private rooms for children with beds for parents who want to support their children during their stay
Scope of service
EIRMC’s PICU treats a wide spectrum of children’s serious illnesses and injuries. Our team is prepared for:
- All manner of severe and life-threatening traumatic injuries (Level II Trauma Center)
- Pediatric burn injuries, including thermal, chemical, electrical, inhalation, friction burn/ road rash (EIRMC operates the only Burn Center in Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and North Dakota)
- Moderate to severe respiratory failures
- Complex neurologic conditions
- Bleeding disorders, anemias, and other blood dyscrasias
- Endocrine/metabolic diseases, or other electrolyte and metabolic abnormalities
- Gastrointestinal diseases, bleeding or foreign body needing emergency endoscopy
- Renal, cardiac, or multi-system diseases
- Perioperative care, acute care, or needing transfer from other health care facilities
- Application of special technology or medication
Retrieving location data...