Outpatient mental health in Idaho Falls
At Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC), we offer outpatient behavioral health services for individuals struggling with a broad range of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety, bipolar disorder and trauma/PTSD. Our team works to equip individuals with the knowledge, tools and self-awareness needed to cope effectively without difficult life experiences.
To schedule an appointment with us, please call (208) 227-2555, or click below to schedule a consultation.
Our interdisciplinary team of specialists works together to help patients regain emotional health and well-being. Our specialists include board-certified psychiatrists, advanced nurse practitioners and licensed therapists committed to delivering high-quality behavioral health care.
Inpatient vs. outpatient mental health care
As a mental health patient, finding the right treatment plan is critical for success. And with so many options, choosing the best plan can be a challenge. Often, care is divided into two categories: inpatient and outpatient treatment.
Inpatient treatment requires patients to check themselves into a mental health facility. While there, patients are in the direct care of medical professionals for 24/7 medical and emotional support. This type of care is most beneficial for patients in danger of harming themselves or others.
Outpatient care can involve multiple mental health services not requiring a prolonged stay in a facility. Treatment provided this way helps patients manage their stressors and their mental health. These services are typically counseling, group therapy, consultations and psychiatry. This is the most common form of mental health treatment because of its lower cost, flexibility and wide range of provider options.
Services and programs we offer
Based on need, we offer various programs and services to manage different conditions. We use evidence-based treatment interventions, including:
- Dialectical and cognitive behavioral therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Trauma-informed group and individual therapy
We also provide access to programs for more specific needs, such as:
- Mental health intensive outpatient program — A weekly evidenced-based group therapy for six to eight weeks where patients learn coping strategies and stabilize with an intermediate level of treatment.
- Psychiatric consultation — A mental health assessment complete with treatment recommendations and medication management options.
- Electroconvulsive therapy — Electroconvulsive therapy is an alternative treatment most widely used for depression or bipolar disorder that has not responded to other treatments.
Additionally, if we cannot meet your specific need, we can still conduct a mental health consultation, assessment and advise on referral options.
Finding your way
We are located in the EIRMC Medical Office Building, which is west of our emergency room. Our address is:
2860 Channing Way, Suite 115
Idaho Falls, ID 83404