Plain and simple… we take care of kids! For parents, and for us here at EIRMC, children always come first. This is why EIRMC has a large spectrum of healthcare services for children of all ages and needs. For many years, we’ve cared for children in places all across our hospital, whether in our emergency room, on our pediatric floor, our behavioral center, or in our therapies department, like speech. Our goal is to care for your children close to home, so that your family can receive the full encouragement and help of your family, friends and extended support network.
Each and every day, our dedicated team of physicians, nurses, therapists and support staff work to provide exceptional care and service to our patients and their families. Together with our physician partners, we are the leading neonatal and pediatric provider in the region. We work with care providers and hospitals throughout Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and Utah to offer the most comprehensive and advanced health programs, as well as access to sub-specialties for children from birth to 18 years old.
- Call our free Ask-A-Nurse Advice Line at (208) 497-6167 to reach pediatric RN’s when your doctor’s office is closed.
- Our emergency department treated almost 14,000 children last year, including asthma, ear infections, sprains and breaks, seizures, high fevers, and even traumas.
- The only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in the region to treat children needing critical care services
- Pediatric Unit for children recovering from serious illness or surgery
- The region’s largest and most advanced Neonatal Intensive Care Unit able to care for neonates as young as 22 weeks gestation
- A Labor & Delivery Unit that provides safe, advanced, and compassionate care for the most routine to the most complex deliveries.
- Specialized Pediatric Therapies for Physical , Occupational, Speech
- Inpatient Behavioral Health for adolescents
- Child Life Specialist, trained to help families and children cope with hospitalization. Our Child Life Specialist works with patients in our Emergency Room, Surgery, Pediatric Units, and Behavioral Health Center.
- The EIRMC Volunteer Auxiliary accepts donations for our Pediatric patients. Find out more here!
- Pediatric Subspecialties, including Cardiology and Neurology