24/7, Free Pediatric Nurse Help Line
Do you need help deciding if your child needs an ER visit or simply a visit to their pediatrician? Our expert pediatric nurses can help you understand symptoms, manage chronic conditions or provide insight about treatment options right over the phone, for free!
Our EIRMC Pediatric Consult-A-Nurse Line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days per week to help you:
- Answer healthcare questions
- Find a doctor and make an appointment
- Provide peace of mind about the health of your child
Pediatric care in Idaho Falls, Idaho
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls has a wide spectrum of pediatric healthcare services for children of all ages and needs. For many years, we’ve cared for children in places all across our hospital, including our emergency room, pediatric floor, behavioral center and therapy department.
For more information about our pediatric services, call (208) 227-2778.
Our goal is to care for your children close to home, so that your children can receive the full encouragement and help of your family, friends and extended support network.
Together with our physician partners, we are the leading neonatal and pediatric provider in the region. We work with care providers and hospitals throughout Idaho, Wyoming, Montana and Utah to offer the most comprehensive and advanced health programs, as well as access to sub-specialties for children from birth to 18 years old.
Additionally, our dedicated child life specialist works with pediatric patients to help families and children cope with hospitalization.
Children’s services at Eastern Idaho Regional include:
- Pediatric unit
- Pediatric intensive care unit (PICU)
- Neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)
- Labor and delivery unit
- Pediatric rehabilitation and therapy
- Behavioral health
- Emergency services
- Pediatric subspecialties, like pediatric gastroenterology, urology, cardiology, oncology, neurology, anesthesia and endocrinology
- Pediatric surgery
If your child has a surgery scheduled, visit our surgery page for advice on preparing your child for their procedure.
Children’s hospital donations
Toy donations for children’s hospitals help hospitals, including Eastern Idaho Regional, provide kids with toys, games and other entertainment during hospitalization.
Our Volunteer Auxiliary accepts a variety of donations for our pediatric patients.
You will find donation guidelines below if you are interested in donating to our pediatric department.
*For infection control and safety, we cannot accept used toys, food or violent-themed toys. Additionally, all fabric items must be washed in a non-fragrant detergent, dried and individually bagged.
- Markers, colored pencils, crayons, paint, etc.
- Construction paper, coloring books, scissors, glue, paint brushes, etc.
- Bead Kits
- Stickers and sticker scenes
- Arts and crafts kits (preschool age through young adult)
- Blank canvasses
- Portable DVD players
- DVDs (rated G, PG, PG‐13)
- Electronic handheld games (Bop It, Simon, etc.)
Preemie baby items
NICU babies are often born earlier than expected and families are not prepared. Any donated items that parents may need at home are appreciated, such as:
- Flannel blankets (36 x 32 inches)
- New, unused baby clothes
- Diapers (size small)
- Baby toiletries, such as lotion and baby wash
Infant and toddler items (birth to 3 years-old)
- Plastic crib toys
- Light‐up/musical toys
- Infant sound machines and crib soothers
- Plastic activity gyms and play mats
- Plastic rattles
- Small, no‐spill bubbles
- Plastic baby dolls
- Play telephones
- Legos and building blocks
Young children items (4 to 8 years old)
- Fisher Price Little People items and Little People animals
- Plastic musical instruments
- Plastic play food
- Tool sets
- Cash registers
- Plastic baby dolls
- Toy cars and trucks
- Doctors kits
- Plastic action figures
- Plastic dinosaurs
- Lego® kits
Older children items (13 years old and older)
- Gift cards (Visa, Target, Amazon, iTunes, Starbucks, etc.)
- Advanced model and craft kits (car, airplane, etc.)
- Puzzles (25‐500 pieces)
- Nail polish
- Journals and sketchbooks
- Board games