Schedule a tour of our facility: (208) 227-2400
We don't simply deliver babies. We deliver dreams. It's the moment you've dreamed of.
You finally get to meet your child. It’s exciting. It’s breathtaking. But it’s also a little stressful. How will you find the right place to welcome your baby into the world? Will they offer the highest clinical excellence for you and your baby? Will they let you personalize the experience so it’s unique and unforgettable?
Welcome to EIRMC. We’re one of the region’s largest hospitals offering OB services. It’s our honor to help you design a birthing experience just right for you and your baby as we offer both of you the highest levels of medical care. Since our approach is family-centered care, we work with you to provide a comfortable and relaxing birthing experience. In the rare case of needed critical support for your newborn, we have the latest technology and 24-hour access to Neonatologists in our Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
We believe your personalized experience is just as important as our clinical excellence. And we never compromise one for the other. You'll discover spacious private rooms, a variety of delivery methods, expert childbirth classes, and experienced doctors, nurses and staff ready to help create the memory of a lifetime.
In preparation for your baby’s arrival, sign up to take a class designed to prepare you to approach labor, delivery, and early parenting with confidence and support. Both first-time and “experienced” expectant parents in the 6-8 month of pregnancy are welcome.
During labor and delivery:
- Expert nursing care and highly trained staff
- Attentive OB/Gyn’s concerned for your safety
- The Monica Novii Wireless Patch System - wirelessly monitors fetal heart rate, maternal heart rate, and uterine activity while allowing you to the freedom to move around your room and the unit. This device is available now and is appropriate for most moms.
Learn more about The Monica Novii Wireless Patch System
- Pain management to suit your preference:
- 24-hour epidural coverage
- IV medications
- Offer and support unmedicated pain management options
- Walking in labor
- Birthing bar
- Birthing balls
- Movement to find positions of comfort while in labor
- Two designated C-section OR suites on the unit to expedite delivery in emergency situations.
- If you choose, can perform post-partum tubal ligation with your c-section or after vaginal delivery.
- Every spacious and private birthing suite is designed to ensure your comfort.
- We encourage “skin to skin” contact between mom and baby immediately after delivery to facilitate bonding and promote newborn stability.
- Furnishings include a birthing bed, and sleeper sofa. The recliner, Internet access and TV/DVD will have you feeling right at home.
- You may choose for family to be present during delivery.
- Clear fluids and flavored ice chips available.
After the arrival of your little one, you can relax knowing your baby is receiving high-quality care from our expert nursery staff.
- You and your baby will rest and recover together in the birthing suite.
- Dads or another support person may “room in” with you during this special time.
- Support from our International Lactation Consultant Association (IBCLC) Board-certified Lactation Consultant if you choose to breast-feed. Read more about breast-feeding
- Visiting hours allow family and guests to ooh-and-ahh over your new addition.
- Our infant security system will protect your baby throughout your hospital stay.
- Hearing tests for newborns.
- Kernicterus prevention and jaundice testing and monitoring; light therapy when needed.
- Mom and companion will enjoy a scrumptious three-course celebratory "Stork Dinner." Enjoy a fresh garden salad; choice of tasty entree such as grilled sirloin, pan-roasted chicken breast, and cobb salad; and a sinfully-delightful dessert.