Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
3100 Channing Way
Idaho Falls, ID 83404
ATV accidents at the sand dunes, high-speed encounters between snowmobile riders and barbed wire, bear maulings, cardiac emergencies, and car wrecks are all in a day's work for us. That's partly because EIRMC is home to one of Idaho's only three Level II Trauma Centers verified by the American College of Surgeons' Committee on Trauma, a distinction belonging to just over 150 of America's 5,000 hospitals. Additionally, EIRMC is one of only two hospitals in Idaho to be state-verified as a Level II Trauma Center. For first-rate trauma care in a 150-mile radius, we're the first destination.
EIRMC is also the region's leader in pediatric emergency care. Our hospital far exceeds the national average for pediatric ER readiness so we can give the best care to the nearly 14,000 kids we treat each year. We provide top-notch 24/7 emergency care from board-certified physicians (the only ER in community!) and nurses especially skilled at taking care of children.
And our Intensive Care Unit is also a nationally recognized leader, earning a prestigious Beacon Award for Critical Care excellence from the American Association of Critical-Care Nurses -- Idaho's only recipient in 2005, and one of only 10 nationally.Our critical care services cover the full age spectrum from babies in our NICU, to children and teens in PICU, to our Adult ICU.
In addition, EIRMC is home to Air Idaho Rescue (AIR), a mini-fleet with helicopter, a turboprop airplane, and ground transport capabilities. AIR is one of just 136 nationally accredited air emergency transport services in the U.S.
And all of these first-rate teams work together seamlessly to ensure unmatched critical care expertise, technology and capacity, making us Idaho's leader in caring for the sickest, most critically ill patients. We're proud to be the community's only 24/7/365 emergency facility. It's a role we take seriously and work hard to fulfill.
Here are a few web links we’ve assembled to help you through experiences you may encounter while you or a loved one is being treated in our Intensive Care Unit.
- Caring Bridge: a free web site that helps you stay connected with friends and family while you or someone you love is hospitalized.
- Advance Directives, legal documents necessary to convey your wishes regarding end-of-life care in advance.
- ICU-USA, an organizationdedicated to critically-ill patients, with information about medical conditions, treatments, tests, and terminology.
- Caring Connections, a national website with information and support if you are planning ahead, caring for a loved one, living with an illness or grieving a loss.
- Hospice, a national website dedicated to patients and families facing life-threatening illness.