To speak with Dr. Ryan Bair about cancer care, please call (208) 227-2700.
Some conditions should only be treated by leading medical professionals, and cancer is one of them. At EIRMC, oncology experts and state-of-the-art equipment ensure patients get the best diagnostic capabilities and treatments possible.
The Idaho Cancer Center at EIRMC and Gamma West Cancer Services are partners in oncology care. Together, we provide state-of-the-art radiation therapy, overseen by Dr. Ryan Bair, a fellowship-trained radiation oncologist who specializes in high-dose rate brachytherapy. We also provide surgery, chemotherapy and interventional oncologic treatments.
Our compassionate care for cancer patients goes far beyond clinical diagnosis and treatment. We don’t just target the cancer; we are dedicated to caring for you as a human being. Through support groups, dedicated time with therapists and pastoral caregivers, and a hug whenever you need one, we do whatever we can to help you medically, emotionally and spiritually.
Meet Our Physician
Dr. Ryan Bair is a fellowship-trained Radiation Oncologist at Idaho Cancer Center at EIRMC. He oversees radiation treatment for oncology patients, and specializes in High Dose Rate Brachytherapy. Dr. Bair earned his Fellowship at the prestigious Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston and at Harvard Medical School; completed Residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center, and graduated from Medical School with honors from the University of Utah.
Our comprehensive cancer program includes:
- Inpatient and outpatient radiation therapy with the advanced TrueBeam Linear Accelerator
- Inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy by certified nurses
- Surgical services
- Comprehensive inpatient and follow-up care
- Diagnostic Radiology, which includes Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computed Tomography (CT or CAT) scanners, Digital Mammography, Interventional Oncologic Treatment procedures (microwave, cryo ablation, RF ablation, Embolization of tumors)
- Nuclear Imaging for diagnosis as well as treatment
- Pathology (tumor analysis) and other Laboratory Services
Special elements of the cancer program include:
- Nurses and radiation therapists who specialize in the care of cancer patients’ unique needs.
- Cancer Nurse Navigator
- A comprehensive Cancer Patient Guidebook for use at the hospital and home.
- A patient journal to help you track your progress through treatment and recovery.
- Clear and concise educational brochures.
- On-site EIRMC Cancer Resource Center with education, nutrition counseling, and learning resoucres.
- Patient amenities including between-meal snacks and pre-warmed blankets.
- Social worker and spiritual care services at the hospital.
- Our Cancer Center is available to host Support Group meetings.