Radiation oncology in Idaho Falls, Idaho
At Idaho Cancer Center in Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, we use the state-of-the-art TrueBeam™ Linear Accelerator to deliver more precise radiation treatment for people fighting cancer in Idaho Falls, Idaho. This advanced, image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) system treats cancer with speed and accuracy, while better protecting healthy tissues and organs.
To speak with one of our physicians about cancer care or radiation therapy, please call (208) 227-2700.
During your radiation treatment in Idaho Falls, technology allows you to communicate with the clinicians operating the equipment. Your treating clinicians can see and hear you at all times.
Benefits of our radiation therapy program
TrueBeam™ allows for radiation treatments to be adapted to each patient’s unique tumor size, location and type. Additional benefits of our radiation program include:
Cancer treatment completed quickly
- A standard intensity-modulated treatment may normally take 15 minutes, but with TrueBeam™, it can be completed in less than two minutes.
- Complex radiosurgery generally takes 40 minutes to an hour, but with TrueBeam™, that time can often be cut in half.
Radiation delivered accurately and precisely
- For standard treatments, the system is measured in increments less than two millimeters, and for specialized treatments, sub-millimeter accuracy can be obtained.
- The table maneuvers your body so that the radiation can be delivered precisely at every treatment angle.
- Advanced imaging is conducted in real-time so that your physician can direct radiation doses with precision.
- Respiratory gating allows the physician to sync radiation beams with your chest movements while breathing and protects organs and healthy tissue from unnecessary radiation.
- Accuracy checks are conducted every 10 milliseconds for the duration of the treatment.