(208) 529-7999 for an appointment, appointments available Mon – Fri 7:30 am to 6:00 pm
2840 Channing Way, Adjacent to EIRMC campus, across from the ER
Occupational Therapy: “A form of therapy for those recuperating from physical illness that encourages rehabilitation through the performance of activities required in daily life”. Contrary to popular belief or as the name implies, occupational therapy puts your strength and motion to work and works to find ways to help you or your loved one get back to doing the things that need to be done or love to be done!
Here at EIRMC, Occupational Therapists focus on helping people regain skills for independent living and everyday life: toileting, hygiene and grooming, dressing, household chores, social and work skills, and leisure and community activities. They often work hand-in-hand with Physical Therapists to increase strength and endurance for everyday and/or specialized work or sports activities, prevent muscle atrophy, minimize and prevent deformity, minimize pain, and/or increase pain tolerance. We also offer specialized pediatric occupational therapy services for children newborn to 18 years of age.
OT Outpatient Services Provided at EIRMC:
- Hand Therapy
- Splinting for wrist/hand ailments
- Upper extremity strengthening and treatment for stroke or other neurological or musculoskeletal injury
- Assistance and education for performing home activities of daily living, including equipment recommendations
- Burn care hand management/scar management
- Endurance and energy conservation training
- Daily living equipment training
- Return to work functional training
OT is often beneficial in helping patients find ways to get things done either through the use of adaptive equipment or through strengthening and range of motion activities that facilitate movement and activity. Our outpatient OTs have greater than 10 years experience in caring for patients in this setting