EIRMC’s ER was awarded the HCA Unit of Distinction award for driving excellence in clinical care, and ranked #1 emergency department out of 185 HCA Healthcare hospitals nationwide.
The Unit of Distinction Award is given only to the highest-performing ER’s in HCA Healthcare, and represents outstanding caliber of emergency care with a high-performing team of ER nurses with a deep level of commitment to patient care.
Each of the participating emergency departments within HCA Healthcare were evaluated and scored based on performance using about 45 specific metric points. The resulting data indicates a high-quality of care and a commitment to achieving the highest standards of clinical excellence.
Examples of quality indicators at which EIRMC nurses excel include:
- One of the highest rates of national nursing certifications in HCA Healthcare, a demonstration of the commitment to the mastery of nursing in the emergency department.
- 100% of ER preceptors are certified (nurse mentors for newly hired or recently graduated RNs).
- High percentage of RN’s with four-year Bachelor of Science degrees.
- 100% of staff are trained in de-escalation techniques within six months of hire.
- 100% of ER Charge Nurse have attended additional specialized training.