Welcome to the landing page for our Psychiatry Residency at EIRMC!
We're here to help patients and train the next generation of awesome board-certified psychiatrists.
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is the largest hospital in the region with 330 beds, 76 of which are Mental Health inpatient beds.
Between the amazing facilities and the gorgeous setting between Yellowstone National Park and Sun Valley, you won't be disappointed.
You'll be trained in the inpatient hospital, residential treatment center, and multiple clinics. You'll learn how to perform a diagnostic interview in all sorts of settings, with patients of every age. You'll be trained in the treatment of Schizophrenia, Bipolar, Depression, Anxiety, Eating Disorders, Autism, ADHD, Personality Disorders, PTSD and more. You'll learn about the oldest treatments like ECT, and the newest like Ketamine, as well as all standard medications.
- Level II Trauma Center
- Level I ICU (One of two in Idaho)
- Regions' only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Largest cardiovascular program in the region
- Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center
- Comprehensive cancer program
- Idaho's only fully-integrated surgical robotics suite
- Air Idaho which operates helicopters and airplanes for medical transport
- 76-bed Behavioral Health Center for teens and adults
Matthew Larsen, DO