Current visitor policy:
- One designated visitor for the duration of the hospital stay.
The following departments are allowed two visitors:
- Labor & Delivery/Women’s Center
- Visitors must be masked while at EIRMC (please bring your own, if you have one).
- 10:00 am – 7:00 pm visitor hours.
- Recovery is always our first concern; there may be times, even within normal visiting hours, when we must restrict the length of visits or suspend them altogether for our patient’s safety and comfort.
- No visitors under age 18.
- Exceptions are made for patients who meet specific criteria, such as end of life.
Visitors are screened and temperature checked, and asked for identification each time they enter the hospital.
Visitors with a fever, cough, shortness of breath, who is awaiting a COVID–19 test result, or who has had recent exposure to a COVID–19 positive person is not allowed entry.
Virtual/ Remote Visitation
We know that visitor restrictions may be tough for many patients and their families. We encourage you to stay connected via technology.
First, every patient room has a landline telephone. You can call directly by dialing (208) 529-7xxx (the three digit room number) or by dialing our switchboard at (208) 529-6211 and asking to be connected to the patient room. If a patient is confidential in our system, our switchboard will not transfer a caller.
Patients with a smart phone are also encouraged to use technology like FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Skype and other available apps.
If a patient does not have a personal device to communicate, EIRMC is offering a "virtual visitation" option. Families can schedule use of an EIRMC device for facetime or a web ex conference call with their loved one.
To facilitate a virtual visit, call (208) 710-1149. Virtual visits will be scheduled Monday-Friday from 1-5pm MST on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once family has scheduled a time to visit, a facilitator will hep the patient access the appropriate technology.