Current visitor policy:
- Visitor hours are 6:00am – 8:00pm.
- Visitors must be masked at all times, except when eating or drinking.
- By entering this building, visitors are attesting that the answer is “NO” to these questions:
- Do you have symptoms of COVID-19, which include: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Within the past 14 days, have you been in close physical contact (6 feet or closer for at least 15 minutes) with a person who is known to have COVID-19 or with anyone who has symptoms listed above?
- Are you currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test or have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 10 days?
Recovery is always our first concern; there may be times, even within normal visiting hours, when we must restrict the length of visits or suspend them altogether for our patient’s safety and comfort.
Exceptions are made for patients who meet specific criteria, such as end of life.
Connecting with your loved one:
We know that visitor restrictions may be tough for many patients and their families. We encourage you to stay connected via technology.
First, every patient room has a landline telephone. You can call directly by dialing (208) 529-7xxx (the three digit room number) or by dialing our switchboard at (208) 529-6211 and asking to be connected to the patient room. If a patient is confidential in our system, our switchboard will not transfer a caller.
Patients with a smart phone are also encouraged to use technology like FaceTime, Facebook Messenger, Skype and other available apps.