Skip to main content
- Wear clean, loose, and comfortable clothing – easy on and off.
- Wear socks.
- Wear your dentures, eyeglasses, and hearing aids.
- Bathe or shower the night before or morning of your surgery.
- Bring braces, canes, crutches, and walkers.
- Bring medications as instructed.
- Bring your inhalers.
- Brush your teeth on the day of the surgery, but do not swallow water.
- Bring a favorite toy or blanket for a child having surgery.
- Bring special formula or diapers for an infant or child having surgery.
- Eat or drink anything after midnight the night before surgery, unless otherwise instructed. This including water, ice, chewing gum, and candy.
- Use tobacco. This includes cigarettes, cigars, snuff, and chewing tobacco 24 hours before the surgery.
- Wear make-up, nail polish, or contact lenses to the hospital.
- Take any medications (including insulin) unless directed by your physician the morning of your surgery.
- Take water pills.
- Bring any valuables and jewelry to the hospital, as we cannot accept responsibility for them.
- Drink any alcoholic beverages 24 hours prior to your procedure.
- Bring children (other than a child having surgery), unless you also bring a responsible adult to supervise.