- Cancer Center
- All Services
- Behavioral Health
- Cancer Center
- Heart Center
- Imaging & Radiology
- Other Services
- Wellness Center
- Women & Children's Services
- Wound Care
Some conditions should only be treated by leading medical professionals, and cancer is one of them. At EIRMC, oncology experts and state-of-the-art equipment ensure patients get the best diagnostic capabilities and treatments possible.
Capabilities at our main hospital, coupled with that of our state-of-the-art Cancer Center, which stands nearby, allow us to offer comprehensive, high-quality cancer treatments, whether you need radiation therapy, surgery, brachytherapy or chemotherapy. Well-trained specialists use leading-edge digital imaging equipment and advanced technology to deliver accurate, precise diagnosis and treatments.
And our compassionate care for cancer patients goes far beyond clinical diagnosis and treatment. We don't just target the cancer; we are dedicated to caring for the patient as a human being. Through support groups, dedicated time with therapists and pastoral caregivers, and a hug whenever you need one, we do whatever we can to help you medically, emotionally and spiritually.
If you have questions or need to schedule an appointment, please call (208) 227-2700.
We offer a comprehensive cancer program that includes the following services:
- Comprehensive inpatient and follow-up care
- Inpatient and outpatient chemotherapy by certified nurses in a warm and comfortable setting
- Diagnostic Radiology, including Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Computed Tomography
(CT or CAT) scanners
- Nuclear Imaging
- Pathology (tumor analysis) and other Laboratory Services
- Surgical services
- Inpatient and outpatient radiation therapy
- Brachytherapy (seed implant) radiation therapy
Cancer Care Highlights
Some special elements of the cancer program include:
- Nurses and therapists who specialize in the care of cancer patients’ unique needs.
- A comprehensive Cancer Patient Guidebook for use at the hospital and home.
- A patient journal to help you track your progress through treatment and recovery.
- Clear and concise educational brochures and videotapes.
- A hairdresser available weekly for inpatients.
- Patient amenities including between-meal snacks and pre-warmed blankets.
- Social worker and spiritual care services at the hospital.
- Our Cancer Center is available to host Support Group meetings.
- American Cancer Society resource materials are available at the Cancer Resource Center.
- Rigorous “Community Hospital Comprehensive Cancer Program” certification by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer, with three special commendations .
- Linear accelerator provides power, precision, and versatility in fighting cancers previously untreatable by radiation.
- Weekly case review conference by physicians representing every cancer-related discipline, bringing many fine minds together to concentrate on each individual case.
- Comprehensive education, nutrition counseling, learning resources and community screenings.
- On-site American Cancer Society Cancer Resource Center for public use.
- Annual free screenings for the community (last Saturday in October).