Laboratory Services at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center provide high-quality testing, rapid turnaround times, and superb customer support.
We strive to make your experience at the lab as stress-free as possible. We provide routine specimen collections for diagnostic testing at conveniently located facilities and hours of operation that accommodate your busy schedule. Our skilled staff is committed to providing you with prompt and professional service during the entire process.
Lab locations and hours:
- Main EIRMC Lab, 3100 Channing Way – Hours: 24 hours, 7days per week
- Outpatient Lab, 2860 Channing Way, Suite 115 – Hours: Monday – Thursday (8:00am – 4:30pm), Friday (8:00am – 2:00pm)
- Imaging Center, 1670 John Adams Parkway - Hours: Monday-Friday (8:00am – 5:00pm; closed from 12noon – 1:00pm for lunch)
Here are some helpful hints if you are visiting the Main EIRMC lab:
- Weekdays between 7:00am – 6:30pm or on Saturdays between 7:30am – 4:00pm, please enter at the main hospital entrance. Inform a Volunteer at the Front Desk that you are here for lab work. They will assist you with the registration process.
- Weekdays from 6:30pm – 7:00am, Saturdays between 4:00pm – 7:30am, Sundays, and holidays, please enter ER at the Emergency Room. Tell the ER receptionist that you are here for lab work.
- In either instance, please bring lab orders from your doctor, your insurance card, and a photo ID.
To ensure our patients that our quality of service never falters, our lab participates in the College of American Pathologists (CAP) Laboratory Accreditation Program and has CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) certification through CMS (Centers of Medicare and Medicaid Services).
Our patients receive a professional consultation and personalized service with each of our extensive menu of tests, which includes:
Complete Blood Count (CBC)- A CBC provides your doctor with vital information about red and white blood cells and platelets in your blood.
Electrolyte Panel- This panel allows your doctor to tell if natural ions found in blood are properly balanced.
Lipid Panel- This panel measures triglyceride and cholesterol levels including both "good" cholesterol (HDL) and "bad" cholesterol (LDL), which allows your doctor to determine your risk for preventable heart attack and stroke.
Hepatic Function Panel- This series of tests tells your doctor how well your liver is functioning.
Basic Metabolic Panel-This panel measures your blood sugar (glucose) and a number of other natural ions and proteins to check the function of your kidneys and to test for diabetes.
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel-This group of tests combines both the Hepatic and Basic Metabolic Panels and allows your doctor to assess the health of your liver and kidneys.
Prostate-Specific Antigen-PSA is normally produced in small amounts by a man’s prostate gland. An abnormally high level of PSA in the blood can be a sign of prostate cancer.
Thyroid Stimulating Hormone-TSH is an important hormone in controlling the function of your thyroid gland. Abnormally high or low levels of TSH can be a sign of thyroid disease.
Iron- Tests your iron level, as low amounts can lead to anemia and may be a sign of abnormal bleeding.
Hematology & Coagulation Testing- We provide a full spectrum of routine and special coagulation and thrombosis testing and offer a variety of specialized tests needed to investigate hematologic and immune disorders. We are able to do qualitative platelet analysis with whole blood aggregation.
Microbiology Testing-We offer a wide array of infectious disease testing, with full-service analytical capabilities in all microbiology areas of antimicrobial susceptibility testing, bacteriology, mycobacteriology, mycology, parasitology and virology.
Immunohematology Testing- Our Blood Bank is a full-service transfusion laboratory offering ABO, Rh typing, antibody screening, antibody identification and expanded workups.