EIRMC is committed to consistently delivering high-quality patient care. Among the many people helping us to meet this important goal are our hospitalists. These local Internal Medicine Specialists have the knowledge and experience to care for the unique needs of hospitalized patients.
When you need medical treatment that requires an extended hospital stay, you will be seen by one of our hospitalists. They will make sure that you receive the most appropriate care during your hospital stay. Your doctor will take over your continued care after discharge.
Even if you do not have a primary care physician, you can depend on our hospitalists while you are hospitalized.
- Round-the-clock care: 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Personalized, evidence-based medical treatment in partnership with a patient’s primary care physician
- More time for daily patient care
- Improved care by working closely with key hospital staff
- Quicker response if an unexpected medical situation occurs
- Prompt answers when our patients and their family members have questions
- Efficient management of patient discharges
- Updates for the patient’s other physicians
Dr. Jared Morton is the Medical Director of the new Hospitalist program. “This is win-win-win for patients, community-based physicians, and EIRMC,” explained Dr. Morton. “For patients and families, they come to see familiar faces each day, so communication gets better. And being there continuously helps us coordinate more timely and effective care.”