For our patients who have been admitted with Heart Failure, once you are discharged the excellent care doesn’t stop there. EIRMC’s Heart Failure clinic helps to improve the quality of life of those diagnosed with heart failure as a post-hospital discharge follow up service that ensures support for our Heart Failure patients.
Our Heart Failure clinic has been carefully designed to meet the needs of Heart Failure patients and incorporate several resources in the outpatient setting to ensure your success. We help patients and their families learn more about their condition and how to better manage their symptoms at home. Our clinic team is comprised of cardiologists , a nurse practitioner, pharmacists, a psychologist , nursing, an exercise physiologist, a dietitian, and more.
Upon discharge, as ordered by your doctor, your enrollment in the program begins with a comprehensive assessment by the clinical team. The clinics program and resources are tailored to the individual needs of each patient and visits are scheduled according to your needs.
Clinic Goals: The Heart Failure clinic boasts the following goals:
- Rapid post-hospital discharge follow-up
- Minimize your symptoms and reduce the risk of being readmitted to the hospital for Heart Failure
- Make sure you understand and are on the correct medications
- Provide comprehensive education for patients and families
- Improve your quality of life
- Have a collaborative plan of care with your referring physician for optimal results
The Heart Failure Clinic is located in The Wellness Center at EIRMC. For more information, please call (208) 535-4200.