A Great Place to Practice
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission- accredited, 334-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls.
EIRMC serves as the region’s healthcare hub, offering specialty services including open-heart surgery, primary stroke response, leading-edge cancer treatment, trauma, neurosurgery, intensive care for adults, teens, children and infants, hospitalist program, and a helicopter and ground medical rescue service.
Additionally, EIRMC is the only provider in the region offering perinatalogy services (maternal-fetal medicine) for high-risk pregnancies; neonatology services for extremely premature and critically ill infants; gynecologic-oncology services provided by specialists who focus only on cervical, ovarian, uterine, and other reproductive cancers in women; and inpatient psychiatric services. EIRMC is also the regional leader in wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
- Idaho’s only Level 1 Intensive Care Unit.
- Level II Trauma Center designated by the American College of Surgeons' Committee on Trauma, a distinction belonging to just over 150 of America's 5,000 hospitals.
- Only hospital in the region designated by the Joint Commission as a certified Primary Stroke Center.
- Only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region, able to care for neonates born as early as 23 weeks gestation and as small as 500 grams (about 1 lb.).
- Region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, providing critical care services to children up to age 18.
- “Door-to-balloon” time for treatment of heart attack hovers between 50 and 60 minutes, compared to the national “best practice” standard of 90 minutes.
- The Behavioral Health Center (BHC) is a 74-bed inpatient psychiatric facility for adolescents and adults. Specialized staff provides 24-hour crisis intervention for people experiencing a variety of mental health problems.
- Air Idaho Rescue is a member of an elite group of just 136 nationally-accredited air emergency transport services in the U.S. Averaging more than 800 air and ground rescues annually, demand for the team’s rescue services continues to grow every year.
Practice With Us
Learn more about physician opportunities at EIRMC and in HCA’s Mountain Division.
Our Parent Company
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, composed of locally managed facilities that include 163 hospitals and 104 outpatient centers in 20 states and England. At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies – founded by physicians, for physicians.
Fast Facts About EIRMC
|Physicians on Medical Staff (active, associate, courtesy & telemedicine):||278|
|Double-board certified physicians:||52|
|Triple-board certified physicians:||8|
|Quadruple-board certified physicians:||2|
|Service area population:||˜300,000|
|Locations in Idaho Falls:||5|
|Corporate parent:||HCA, Inc.|
|EIRMC’s capital investments since 1986-2015:||$258.2 million|
|U.S. Department of Health and Human Services - Organ Donation Medal of Honor:||2006-2013|
|Average number of patients served each day (inpatient & outpatient):||509|
|Average % of inpatients who reside outside Bonneville Co.:||40%|
|Annual ER visits 2015:||48,082|
|# of patients turned away from ER:||0|
|Annual medical rescues by EIRMC's Air Idaho Rescue
(fixed wing and rotor capabilities):
|EIRMC’s rank among largest private employers in Bonneville County:||#3|
|Annual payroll (salary, wages, benefits, 2015):||$87 million|
|2015 taxes paid:||$38.9 million|
|2015 charity, indigent, unreimbursed and under-reimbursed care:||$57.5 million|
|Average hourly rate of EIRMC employees, 2015:||$25.39|
|Community sponsorships, 2015, nearly 200 different organizations:||183,000|
|Physicians recruited to community by EIRMC, past 7 years:||117|
|Healthcare business located within 1 mile of EIRMC:||300+|
|Local governance by local Board of Trustees|
|- Community members:||5|
|- Physicians from EIRMC’s Medical Staff:||5|
|- EIRMC CEO:||1|
|Chief Executive Officer:||Doug Crabtree|
|Chief Financial Officer:||Jeff Baiocco|
|Chief Nursing Officer:||Kathleen Nelson|
|Chief Operations Officer:||Jeffrey Sollis|