The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at EIRMC is a volunteer team of former and current patients or family members. They use their experiences and insight as patients to partner with staff, physicians, and hospital leaders so they can deliver the best possible care to patients.
The Council holds monthly meetings to discuss ideas and suggestions regarding patient care. They actively participate with various committees within the hospital to provide feedback on how to improve patient care.
PFAC members average 5-10 hours per month working on initiatives. The expectations are:
- Attend monthy meetings on the fourt Wednesday of every month from 5:30-7:00pm in the Cancer Center
- Get involved in one of the following:
- Patient Rounding
- Presentation done by PFAC at New Employee Orientation
- Various Hospital Committees
- Patient Experience Teams
To become a PFAC member, you must complete the volunteer on-boarding and orientation process which includes:
- Background Screening
- Health Screening including MRSA and TB Screenings
- Membership Application (download and print here)
- Confidentiality and Security Agreement
- Review and Adhere to Council Bylaws
- Attend New Employee Orientation within 2 months of becoming a Council Member - held one Monday a month from 8am ” 12pm
If you have questions or want more info, please call Tami at 535-4360 or email her at email@example.com.