- Welcome Physicians
A Great Place to Practice
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission- accredited, 330-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls.
EIRMC serves as the region’s healthcare hub, offering specialty services including open-heart surgery, primary stroke response, leading-edge cancer treatment, trauma, neurosurgery, intensive care for adults, teens, children and infants, hospitalist program, and a helicopter and ground medical rescue service.
Additionally, EIRMC is the only provider in the region offering perinatalogy services (maternal-fetal medicine) for high-risk pregnancies; neonatology services for extremely premature and critically ill infants; gynecologic-oncology services provided by specialists who focus only on cervical, ovarian, uterine, and other reproductive cancers in women; and inpatient psychiatric services. EIRMC is also the regional leader in wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
- Earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval™ for certification as a Primary Stroke Center. Currently, we are the only one in this region, and 1 of only 2 in the state of Idaho. By achieving certification we have proven the ability to provide effective, timely care to stroke victims and can significantly improve outcomes for stroke patients.
- Home to Idaho’s only Level 1 Intensive Care Unit, and also the state’s only winner of the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence.
- EIRMC has been designated a Level II Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma, a distinction belonging to just over 100 of America’s nearly 5,000 hospitals.
- Our Cancer Center earned a rare “Comprehensive” ranking by the ACS Commission on Cancer, exceeding all 36 standards by six. This is a distinction belonging to very few hospitals in cities of this size.
- EIRMC’s Heart Center provides coronary bypass surgery using the “beating heart” or off-pump method, keeping a patient’s heart beating during surgery. The off-pump method, used 96.7% of the time at EIRMC compared with 21.2% nationally, has been proven to cut mortality rates, and decrease complications, ventilator time after surgery, time in the ICU, and time in the hospital.
- Air Idaho Rescue is a member of an elite group of just 136 nationally-accredited air emergency transport services in the U.S. In 2009, a fixed-wing aircraft was added to the fleet, making rescues in bad weather and long distance transports possible. Averaging more than 800 air and ground rescues annually, demand for the team’s rescue services continues to grow every year.
- The Behavioral Health Center (BHC) is a 72-bed inpatient psychiatric facility for children, adolescents, and adults. Specialized staff provides 24-hour crisis intervention for people experiencing a variety of mental health problems.
- In 2010, EIRMC’s Emergency Department received the Qualis Health Award of Excellence in Healthcare Quality for its work in improving the quality of healthcare and patient safety.
- Aggressive infection control measures at EIRMC earned the hospital the State of Idaho “Qualis Health Award of Excellence in Healthcare” for reducing the spread of MRSA, a virulent strain of antibiotic-resistant staph. We were the only Idaho recipient of that award.
- EIRMC is a four-time recipient of the Organ Donation Medal of Honor from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services in 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009 for our exemplary record of organ donations.
- Earned the Gold Award in The Joint Commission's 2011-2012 Flu Vaccination Challenge in recognition for achieving a 95% or greater vaccination rate among employees.
Fast Facts About EIRMC
|Physicians on Medical Staff (active, associate, courtesy & telemedicine)||360|
|Double-board certified physicians:||38|
|Triple-board certified physicians:||11|
|Service area population:||~300,000|
|Locations in Idaho Falls:||5|
|Corporate parent:||HCA, Inc.|
|Initial capital investment in 1986:||$42 million|
|EIRMC’s capital reinvestment in community since 1996:||$205.8 million|
|NICU expansion & Women’s Center renovation (to be complete in 2011)||$20 million|
|Average number of patients served each day (inpatient & outpatient):||503|
|Average % of inpatients who reside outside Bonneville Co.:||39%|
|Annual ER visits:||38,600|
|# of patients turned away from ER:||0|
|Annual medical rescues by EIRMC’s Air Idaho Rescue (fixed wing, rotor capabilities, and ground transports)||~800|
|EIRMC’s rank among largest private employers in Bonneville County:||#3|
|Annual payroll (salary, wages, benefits, 2010):||$77.5 million|
|2010 taxes paid:||$29.2 million|
|2010 charity, indigent, unreimbursed and under-reimbursed care:||$334 million|
|Average hourly rate of EIRMC employees, 2010:||$27.08|
|Community sponsorships||2010,over 200 different organizations|
|Physicians recruited to community by EIRMC, past 6 years:||82|
|Healthcare business located within 1 mile of EIRMC||300+|
|Local governance by local Board of Trustees|
|Physicians on EIRMC’s Medical Staff||5|
|Chief Executive Officer||Doug Crabtree|
|Chief Financial Officer||Jeff Baiocco|
|Chief Nursing Officer||Kathleen Nelson|
|Chief Operations Officer||Sandee Moore|
Practice With Us
Learn more about physician opportunities at EIRMC and in HCA’s Mountain Division.
Our Parent Company
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, composed of locally managed facilities that include 163 hospitals and 104 outpatient centers in 20 states and England. At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies – founded by physicians, for physicians.