Our Mission: To Improve the Lives of Those We Touch.
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 334-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls. We are one of the community’s largest employers with nearly 1,400 people proudly working at EIRMC.
EIRMC serves as the region’s healthcare hub, offering specialty services including open-heart surgery, leading-edge cancer treatment, trauma, neurosurgery, intensive care for adults and infants, and a helicopter and ground medical rescue service.
Additionally, EIRMC is the only provider in the region offering perinatalogy services (maternal-fetal medicine) for high-risk pregnancies; neonatology services for extremely premature and critically ill infants; gynecologic-oncology services provided by specialists who focus only on cervical, ovarian, uterine, and other reproductive cancers in women; and inpatient psychiatric services. EIRMC is also the regional leader in wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
- Idaho’s only Level 1 Intensive Care Unit.
- Level II Trauma Center designated by the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma, a distinction belonging to only two hospitals in Idaho, and just over 150 of America’s 5,000 hospitals.
- Only hospital in the region, and only one of two in Idaho, designated by the Joint Commission as a certified Primary Stroke Center.
- Only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in the region, able to care for neonates born as early as 23 weeks gestation and as small as 500 grams (about 1 lb.).
- Region’s only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, providing critical care services to children up to age 18.
- “Door-to-balloon” time for treatment of heart attack hovers between 50 and 60 minutes, compared to the national “best practice” standard of 90 minutes.
- The Behavioral Health Center (BHC) is a 72-bed inpatient psychiatric facility for children, adolescents, and adults. Specialized staff provides 24-hour crisis intervention for people experiencing a variety of mental health problems.
- Air Idaho Rescue is a member of an elite group of just 136 nationally-accredited air emergency transport services in the U.S. Averaging more than 800 air and ground rescues annually, demand for the team’s rescue services continues to grow every year.
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™, 2013.
- Ranked Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Intervention Excellence and given a five-star rating by Healthgrades.
- Earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for stroke care from The Joint Commission movethe fourth to last bullet (Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™, 2013.) to last.