Idaho Falls, ID - April 12th - 18th is National Volunteer Week.
Here at EIRMC, we value and appreciate our volunteers and the many ways they contribute to EIRMC. Here are some fast facts about our amazing volunteers:
- We have 140 volunteers helping in 15 different areas
- In 2014, EIRMC volunteers donated a combined total of 35,000 hours--which amounts to the same as 17 full time employees.
- The average hours donated collectively per month is 2,900 hours
- Volunteers do everything from driving shuttles and directing visitors to cuddling babies and delivering books/toys to patients.
- Our volunteers employ professional skills as patient ambassadors, chaplains, and pet partner teams
The EIRMC Auxiliary, an extension of our volunteer services, is a non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to creating a positive experience for patients and their families. Auxiliary members provide bears for children, fresh clothing to ER patients, gas cards for patients traveling for treatment, and lodging accommodations to the families of out of town patients.