Culture & Values
To improve the lives of those we touch.
We live by values called I am EIRMC, which guide how we interact with patients, visitors, and other colleagues. I am EIRMC was created with input from employees across the hospital. It is a special privilege to serve others as an EIRMC employee.
I am EIRMC
- I will act like an owner.
- I will pull my weight.
- I will be fully accountable for everything I do and say.
- The problem is mine until it is solved.
- I will appropriately hold others accountable.
- I will be open, honest and appropriate in all communications.
- I will “take the mail” to the right address, not discussing it with everyone along the way.
- I will follow through on commitments, large and small.
- I will speak up, sharing my ideas and concerns.
- I will anticipate the needs of those I serve.
- I will crave both new knowledge and new experiences.
- Every day, by delivering my very best, my work will make a difference.
- When identifying a problem, I will also identify potential solutions.
- I will constantly look for ways to turn “good enough” into “even better.”
- I will bring a positive attitude to work.
- I will be on time.
- Patients and physicians are why I have a job. They are not inconveniences or distractions. I will make the time, and cheerfully spend it on them. I will consistently surprise them by exceeding their expectations.
- I will show humility for the role I play in the lives of others.
- All work has dignity. – I will appreciate and respect what each EIRMC employee does.
- I will respect the ways others are different from me, knowing that from the richness of us all, we are unstoppable.
- Everyone I come into contact with will know that I truly care.
- I will build teamwork by being a good team member.
- I will be loyal to our leaders.
- Be an ambassador for EIRMC.
- Humor and laughter – but never at another’s expense or discomfort – will be a daily part of my work.
- I will greet, smile and welcome each person I encounter.
- Not only will others see my smile, they will hear it in my voice.