Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC)
Our Mission: To improve the lives of those we touch.
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a modern, Joint Commission-accredited, 334-bed full-service hospital located in Idaho Falls.
EIRMC serves as the region’s healthcare hub; offering specialty services including cardiovascular surgery; leading-edge cancer treatment; trauma; neurosurgery; intensive care for adults, children, and infants; and a helicopter and ground medical rescue service.
Additionally, EIRMC is the only provider in the region offering perinatalogy services (maternal-fetal medicine) for high-risk pregnancies; neonatology services for extremely premature and critically ill infants; gynecologic-oncology services provided by specialists who focus only on cervical, ovarian, uterine, and other reproductive cancers in women; and inpatient psychiatric services. EIRMC is also the regional leader in wound care and hyperbaric medicine.
- Home to Idaho’s only Level 1 Intensive Care Unit, and also the state’s only winner of the Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence.
- EIRMC is a Level II Trauma Center designated by the American College of Surgeons’ Committee on Trauma, a distinction belonging to just over 150 of America’s 5,000 hospitals.
- EIRMC’s Heart Center's “door-to-balloon” time for treatment of heart attack hovers between 50 and 60 minutes, compared to the national “best practice” standard of 90 minutes.
- Ranked Top 10% in the Nation for Coronary Intervention Excellence and given a five-star rating by Healthgrades.
- Earned the Gold Seal of Approval™ for stroke care from The Joint Commission.
- Recipient of the Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™, 2013.
- Ranked among the Top 10% in the nation for Overall Orthopedic Services by Healthgrades, 2013.
- The Behavioral Health Center (BHC) is a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility for children, adolescents, and adults. Specialized staff provides 24-hour crisis intervention for people experiencing a variety of mental health problems.